x Thank you for submitting an inquiry. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail
Early one morning in July 1968, an unassuming green mountain in northern Costa Rica suddenly awoke and turnt into the legendary Arenal Volcano. If you are visiting the town of La Fortuna, you will be able to get a close up of Arenal's now ashy gray peak from many different spots. One place of particular interest is the Arenal 1968 Trail. This series of hiking trails brings you through forested areas and across some of the historic lava fields that buried much of the surrounding jungle during the dramatic eruptions of 1968. This guided hike will be a trip back to explore the history of one of Costa Rica’s most iconic landmarks.
- Naturalist Guide
- Bottle Water
- Park Entrance Fee
What do I need to bring?
- Long pants
- Light sweater
- Hiking shoes
- Sun lotion
- Rain coat
- Minimum child age: 4 years
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- This tour is not recommended for people with back problems, heart conditions, pregnant travelers & is not wheelchair accessible
- The tour operator reserves the right to refuse admission to guests who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If your hotel is not on the list, extra transportation charges may apply. Contact us for further assistance: (+506) 2479 9133
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event