Exploring during the rainy season in La Fortuna offers a unique experience. The forests surrounding the Arenal Volcano come alive with lush greenery.
Costa Rica undergoes two well-defined seasons: the dry season and the rainy season, often referred to as the green season, extending from mid-May to November.
Among locals, September, October, and November are commonly recognized as the “winter” months, characterized by the heaviest rainfall.
To ensure our visitors make the most of their time in La Fortuna during this season, providing the right recommendations is crucial.
Rainy Season Packing List
- Rain Jacket: A great ally to keep you dry and protected while immersing yourself in a hike to the Arenal Volcano.
- Waterproof Backpacks and Phone Cases: Protect your camera and other essentials as you exploreensuring they stay safe from water since La Fortuna has a lot of things to do water related.
- Extra Change of Clothes: It’s always advisable to carry an extra set of clothes for your hike in Arenal Volcano or other outdoor activities. Our guides will provide a space for visitors to change after each tour.
- Towels: Pack a small towel or a quick-drying one to freshen up after enjoying a tour.
- Avoid Light-Colored Clothing and Footwear: Opt for darker tones to avoid visible stains from mud and rain while engaging in your chosen La Fortuna things to do. This way, you can focus on the beauty of Arenal Volcano and the exciting activities without worrying about your attire.
4 Things NOT to pack for La Fortuna
When preparing for your Costa Rica adventure, there are a few items you might want to leave behind.
- Expensive jewelry and designer clothes: Avoid drawing attention by leaving these items behind.
- High heels, stilettos: Opt for practical footwear like flats or sandals due to uneven sidewalks and roads.
- Expensive purses: Choose a low-key travel purse or day bag to blend in and enhance security.
- Rainboots: Skip packing bulky rain boots; if needed, buy affordable ones locally and donate before leaving. Some tours like Rio Celeste also you can rent them at the entrance.
Also, you can take advantage of all the discounts that companies offer during this season, and tours will be way less crowded.
Remember to tailor your packing list based on your specific plans and preferences. With these essentials, you’ll be well-equipped for a memorable and comfortable adventure in Costa Rica, whether you’re exploring La Fortuna’s attractions or embarking on a hike in Arenal Volcano.
Ensure to incorporate hot springs into your itinerary, as the rainy season in La Fortuna offers one of the best times to indulge in this activity.
Are you still in the midst of planning your ultimate Costa Rican adventure?
You can read more how to pack light here, stay organized, and be ready to immerse yourself in the breathtaking landscapes and thrilling activities that La Fortuna has to offer.